Arthritis refers to a group of musclo-skeletal problems characterized by joint pain and inflammation. Joints are the attaching tissues linking two bones, and an inflammatory reaction of more than one joints is known as Arthritis. Contrary to the common belief, arthritis can affect men and women of all ages. More than 350 million men and women in the world are struggling with arthritis.
Whether it’s Rheumatoid Arthritis or Osteoarthritis or any other kind, the one typical feature is the severe stiffness and pain associated with this disorder. While there is no permanent cure for this disorder, the symptoms are mostly manageable with:
* Frequent Exercises
* Alternative Therapies
* Organic Pain Relievers
Let’s take a deeper look into each of these arthritis pain management strategies.
Exercising is extremely essential when you have arthritis. Regular and moderate physical activity can work miracles for your joint and muscle pain by strengthening your muscles and bones, decreasing fatigue, increasing flexibility and stamina, and restoring your general sense of well-being. Listed below are a few exercises that are especially beneficial:
* Swimming – Swimming in heated water can relieve arthritis pain and joint stiffness to a great extent. The leg and arm movements gently exercise your joints and furthermore strengthen your muscles. Being in lukewarm water raises your body heat, which causes dilation of blood vessels and increases blood circulation. You can also try hydrotherapy that requires floating in warm salt water, as salt is a natural pain reliever.
* Cycling – Cycling is a good low impact workout option for arthritis patients. Cycling machines can be adjusted in accordance to your needs, so you do not have to apply too much pressure while riding it. For those with severe joint pain, stationary bikes are the best option and they’re equally effective in strengthening your muscles and joints. Just keep track of your mileage, and go on increasing your goals by tiny margins.
* Walking – When ever you think about low impact workouts that don’t involve any jarring movements, there is nothing better than Walking. A simple yet effective cardio workout, increases muscle strength, lubricates your joints and diminishes the stiffness in your joints. The most essential thing to consider is that the level of your exercises should be neither too high nor too low. Therefore, begin at a small and comfortable level, and slowly go on improving the time.
* Yoga – Yoga is unquestionably a wonder cure for most physical diseases such as Arthritis. Regular practice of Pranayama (Yogic breathing) and Yogasanas (physical postures) can lubricate your joints, improve blood circulation, strengthen your tissues and joints, enhance muscle flexibility and provide a complete workout for all your body parts. Get in contact with a Yoga teacher and learn the many exercises that are recommended for arthritis pain management.
* Tai-Chi – Tai Chi is a form of ancient Chinese workout that involves light, controlled movements focused on sense of balance, improving flexibility of joints and muscular strength. Recent studies conducted worldwide have shown the impressive benefits of Tai Chi for Arthritis patients, as it offers a complete workout for all your body parts, joints, ligaments and tendons. It also helps in relaxing your mind so you can deal with the pain in a better manner.
* Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a well-known Chinese therapy that has been recommended by the WHO as an effective treatment for pain. Disposable, stainless steel needles are used to stimulate your body’s energy-channels or meridians to correct the energy imbalances in your body. The needles stimulate points located near the nerves, which results in the secretion of endorphins (body’s natural pain-relieving chemicals) and blocks the message of pain from being delivered to the brain.
* Chiropractic: Chiropractic is a remedial system that centered on the structure of the body. Chiropractic therapy for arthritis will be modified to suit your physical built, age, severity of your disease and your general health. Generally, a chiropractor will work on your spine to correct subluxation and other imbalances, and allow your body to cure itself naturally. It is a well-known therapy for arthritis treatment.
* Biofeedback Techniques: Biofeedback Techniques can help you improve your health by controlling various physiological functions in your body such as your blood pressure, heart rate, skin temperature, muscle tension etc. This offers you complete control over your body, so you can cure many health disorders.
Organic PAIN RELIEVERS
From natural herbs that cure inflammation to methods that influence the brain’s amazing healing powers, nature offers numerous treatments for diseases such as arthritis, and other musculo-skeletal diseases. Listed below are many of the organic pain relievers that you can comfortably use for eliminating the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis.
* Capsaicin: Capsaicin is an active component of Chile Pepper. It desensitizes the nerve receptors called C-fibers that are responsible for pain feelings, and also lowers the joint tenderness temporarily.
* White Willow Bark: It contains salicylic acid (a substance from which aspirin, a pain-relieving drug is made). White willow bark blocks the production of inflammatory prostaglandins and decreases pain to a large extent.
* Fish Oil: Fish oil contains EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) that work as natural anti-inflammatory agents, by obstructing the production of chemicals that cause inflammation and pain. Fish oil consists of omega 3 fatty acids that strengthen and lubricate the joints.
* Cat’s and Devil’s claw: Devil’s claw is a South African herb that consists of ‘iridoid glycosides which are known for their analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. Termed after its hook-like horns, cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa) is a wood vine native to the Amazon rainforest. It is used to treat a variety of health problems, stomach ulcers, including arthritis, inflammation, dysentery, and fevers.
* Turmeric: Turmeric is a common remedy for cold, cough, inflammation and pain. It contains curcumin, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory and painkiller agent.
* Glucosamine: Glucosamine is the building block of cartilage, tendons and other connective body tissues. Not only does it preserves these body tissues, yet also suppresses the activity of enzymes that can destroy cartilage. A lack of Glucosamine is regarded to the primary causes of arthritis. Glucosamine acts as a ‘shock absorber for the joints and enhances their flexibility in an all natural manner.
For long-term comfort from joint pain and inflammation, you will need to follow a complete pain management program that involves regular exercises, a healthy diet, and use of natural remedies as far as possible. While these are not quick-fix solutions, they can be very effective at managing your pain and reducing inflammation, hence, allowing you to live an active and healthy life.
For more information on Arthritis Prevention, please visit our health related website bewellbuzz.com
If you loved this article and you would such as to obtain more information regarding Marathon kindly visit our page.